DALE-ABRATION: CELEBRATING DALE NEWBURY’S 50 YEARS AT NIST
A Chesapeake Microscopy & Microanalysis Society Event
To celebrate this occasion, we’ve planned a full day of first rate talks from a diversity of top-rate microscopy and microanalysis researchers from the DC-area and around the country who have worked and collaborated with Dale.
When: Thursday, 16-Feb-2023 9:00 AM to 4:20 PM; registration starts 8:30 AM
Location: Institute for Bioscience and Biotechnology Research, 9600 Gudelsky Dr, Rockville, MD 20850
Parking: There is paid parking in the multi-floor covered garage at the IBBR for $15 for the day. Come with a colleague or three and split the costs!
Location of the parking lot: https://goo.gl/maps/iWgTSzjZcPoF46R9A
Lunch: Boxed lunches are subsidized by JEOL and Bruker.
Breaks and Refreshment: There will be a morning break for coffee, a lunch break and an afternoon break for coffee and cake.
Registration: There is no registration fee but advanced registration is required. (First come, first served!)
Please head to the MAS website using this link to register.
Some of the speaker’s travel is being supported by grants from the Microanalysis Society and the Microscopy Society of America. Advanced registration will help us to plan a boxed lunch.
- Joseph Michael, previously a leader at Sandia National Laboratories: “FIB Artifacts that I have come to know.”
- Masashi Watanabe, Professor, Lehigh University
- Richard Leapman, Scientific Director, Laboratory of Cellular Imaging and Macromolecular Biophysics (LCIMB), NIH
- Edward Vicenzi, Research Scientist, Smithsonian’s Museum Conservation Institute
- Andrew Herzing, Physicist, Materials Measurement Science Division, MML, NIST
- John Small, retired Division Chief of the NIST Materials Measurement Science Laboratory, “Dale’s Time at NIST”
- Nicholas Ritchie, Physicist, NIST, “A Forward Looking Perspective on Dale’s Contributions to Microanalysis“
- Kimberly Foecke, Research Scientist, Smithsonian Institution.
- NIST: Abigail Lindstrom, Fred Meisenkothen, Nicholas Ritchie, John Henry Scott, Keana Scott, Scott Wight
- CMMS: Emma Bullock (Carnegie Institution for Science) and Ken Livi (Johns Hopkins University)